Have you ever wanted to manage a blog? Learn how to manage writers? Do you have excellent English writing, editing, and time management skills? Can you manage an intern staff of 10 bloggers and make a 1-year commitment? If you have what it takes, Global Site Plans wants your application.
The Grid Blog Assistant Editor will be responsible for managing individual blog submissions and scheduling; editing draft blogs for content, grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and formatting; and WordPress formatting and scheduling. Blog writers, whom you will supervise, submit two blogs monthly and the editor will ensure that bloggers meet weekly deadlines, requiring constant email communication with the blogging team. You will also support the learning of the blog writers by assisting them in improving their writing skills through constructive, positive, feedback. Global Site Plans will provide comprehensive training and guidance throughout The Grid Blog Assistant Editor internship.
● 1-year commitment, contractually, for approximately 10 hours per week;
● Excellent English writing and editing skills;
● Uninterrupted Internet and computer access, must check email daily;
● Ability to manage 10 blogging interns, with a natural desire to teach;
● Independent self-starter;
● Superior time management skills;
● Problem solver and creative thinker;
● Great communication and people skills, a natural motivator;
● Multicultural understanding and awareness;
● Previous experience as a writer for a blog is a plus.
● Increased knowledge and exposure to blog manager and editing career opportunities;
● Ability to utilize WordPress blogging software – increased knowledge of functionality and features;
● Experience editing blogs according to online formatting instructions;
● Discover the purposes behind formatting blogs and their marketing advantages;
● Learn how to support interns throughout an internship (6-months or 1-year) life-cycle;
● Increased knowledge of how to successfully provide constructive feedback to intern staff regarding writing, style, and formatting issues;
● Learn how to develop, motivate, and strengthen teams;
● Performance based upon blog intern retention and performance indicators, punctuality and the consistency of blog scheduling and publishing, thoroughness of the editorial calendar, and end-of internship surveys.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please complete and email the application components to Global Site Plans at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 24, 2013.
1. Submit a Resume and Cover Letter;
2. Download the following writing sample. Edit the sample, utilizing tracked changes, for spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, and content. Provide comments as needed within the document;
3. Like Global Site Plans on Facebook;
4. Follow Global Site Plans on Twitter;
5. In the subject line of your email, put THE GRID BLOG ASSISTANT EDITOR.
This is an unpaid and a virtual internship which can be completed from home. While we cannot guarantee opportunities for paid employment in the future, interns will always gain first preference in our hiring processes.