Discovering the most cost-effective way to promote your landscape architecture or landscape design business, through a marketing plan, should always include the Internet.
And if you’re trying to discover ways to drive traffic to your landscape architecture or landscape design business and website that are free, you’ve come to the right place. I searched Google.com for the terms “landscape architect,” “landscape architect directory,” or “landscape designer,” and found the following eleven directory listings.
Additionally, many of the sites listed below offer the option to list your individual landscape architecture or landscape design company’s website. If you haven’t already established a website, or hopped on the Internet bandwagon, you’re trailing behind your competition.
Display your works more effectively – visually that is – and discover how your practice can boom when potential clients can view your previous work. Contact Global Site Plans to learn how low-cost and cost-effective a website can be for your landscape architecture or design business.
Go on and visit the links below for free, and almost free, ways to promote your landscape architecture firm on the Internet (Left link is the homepage and right link goes directly to adding your firms’ listing to the directory).
1. BuilderSpace.com – Can chose from standard listing, featured listing, or category sponsor. The standard listing offers “industry-focused” traffic to your site at $99.00 per year, per category. Listing is placed within the “directory listings” section of the directory within three business days.
2. American Society of Landscape Architects: Firm Finder -All Full, Associate, and International ASLA members practicing landscape architecture receive a free basic listing in the Firm Finder. The basic Firm Finder profile can be enhanced to reach more than 90,000 new business prospects a year for between $100.00 and $500.00 annually.
3. Specifier - Standard listings, offered by Specifier, offer web coverage for your services in their categorized directory. It includes space for contact details, branch offices, showrooms, an optional Google map marking your location, and a click-through function to your company website, for $178.00 annually.
7. Yahoo! Directory of Landscape Architects – You can submit yourself or your firm to the Yahoo! Directory of Landscape Architects through a standard listing (free) or Yahoo! Directory Submit ($299.00 annually). The standard listing offers no time guarantee, while the directory submit offers a 7-day guarantee.
10. Association of Professional Landscape Designers: Find a Designer – Each Association of Professional Landscape Designer members receive a free listing on the APLD website. The online search option connects members with potential clients and other professionals. Each member listing may be customized and contains an e-mail and website link. Membership dues range from free (for students) to $400.00 annually. Visit their website for more details regarding membership.
Of course, this list is just the beginning. You can also submit yourself, your landscape architecture firm, or landscape design company listing to local listings on search engines, such as Yahoo! Local (Add Your Business to Yahoo! Local) and Google Places and Google Maps (You must have a Google account to sign in and add your business).
And if you already have an individual website and/or a firm website, make sure you submit your website to all the major search engines, such as Yahoo!, Bing, and Google. That is, if you haven’t already.
Now, go out there and beat the competition!