Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Planning Contributing Blogger: 1-Year Internship Opportunity
Global Site Plans is offering a one-year internship opportunity for contributing bloggers for topics related to architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, sustainable design, and sustainability. If you are a student with a passion and talent for writing about any of the aforementioned topics, then Global Site Plans wants you as a contributing blogger.
We are seeking contributing blogger interns who can make a minimum commitment of 1-year, contractually. As a contributing blogger you will be able to build your personal brand on the internet, be looked upon as an expert in the field you cover, and be recognized widely over different mediums. Your blogs will be distributed through www.globalsiteplans.com/the-grid (The Grid is Global Site Plans’ blog), Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. This is a great way to gain visibility as you enter the public and private workforce, or to further develop yourself professionally.
- 1-Year commitment, contractually;
- 2 blogs per month, biweekly (24 blogs in total for 1-Year);
- 350-500 word maximum, submitted in Word format for review and editing;
- Excellent English and writing skills;
- Passion for the topics you write about;
- Ability to work under deadlines and meet them – very important that dates set for blog submission are honored.
Global Site Plans will work with each blogger to ensure that the topics covered are those of high interest to both the writer and the reader. The audience reading these blogs will be individuals just like you and me – environmental designers, so you’ll need to be able to write for the audience to keep them engaged and commenting on your blogs. Your blogs should be informative, but also pose questions to encourage dialogue and blog comments.
- Increased knowledge and exposure to blogging career opportunities;
- Ability to utilize WordPress blogging software – increased knowledge of functionality and features;
- Increased comfort writing within word count constraints;
- Improved writing skills through revisions;
- Understanding the professional process of blog writing, editing, and more;
- Branding yourself on the internet and creating exposure for job opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please contact Mellonie Gerehizu at email@example.com. Only applicants who follow the directions below will be considered for the internship:
- Submit a Resume and Cover Letter;
- Submit a writing sample regarding an environmental design topic;
- Submit 12 topics that you are interested in blogging about;
- In the subject line, put BLOGGING INTERNSHIP.
Submit your application by July 31, 2011. Position begins August 8, 2011. The position is remote and unpaid.
There are 2 positions available.