The formation of this group shows the importance of marketing tactics as well as the mix of public-private partnerships. With this mix of business and public sector, the city of Lincoln has been able to invest in projects that have escalated the city to new heights. This group has several pillars to their vision which include such projects in revitalization and expansion such as:
- Haymarket Park - Construct a new arena as well as expand the Haymarket Park area;
- Sports Triangle - Provide a place for state and regional sports tournaments, while providing entertainment options;
- Arts and Humanities - Develop arts and humanities block in Haymarket area;
- Agriculture Exposition - Create year-round regional agricultural exhibition;
- Downtown Plaza P and Q streets - Implement a plaza that provides housing, parking garages, and entertainment at 13th and P Streets;
- Antelope Valley - Develop the newly configured Antelope Creek waterway and outdoor recreational area;
- UNL Research and Development - Develop an innovative campus area within the University of Nebraska- Lincoln.
As Lincoln has benefited immensely with the formation of the collaborative group 2015Vision, in what ways do you think your city would benefit from such an advocacy group?